Falls for many seniors are a serious health threat, yet are also highly preventable. Bob Roth, Managing Partner at Cypress HomeCare Solutions, has once again been featured in Jewish News of Greater Phoenix with guidelines for reducing fall and tripping hazards for seniors in your home.
Here are a few tips for keeping your home ‘Senior Safe’:
- Remove area rugs that may act as a tripping hazard.
- Secure electrical cords and remove them from high traffic areas.
- Utilize non-slip mats in both the bathtub and on the bathroom floor.
- Install non-slip treads on stairs that may become slick.
- Ensure handrails extend beyond the top and bottom of steps.
- Secure overexcited or anxious pets to prevent them from jumping or becoming a tripping hazard
Read the complete article here (please be patient, it may take a moment to load).
Cypress HomeCare Solutions provides affordable Scottsdale and Phoenix homecare. Contact us for an in-home analysis of your or your loved one’s Scottsdale and Phoenix home care needs