One of the nicest things about growing older is the fact that you can stay in your own home. Unfortunately, many elderly needing dementia care in Paradise Valley find themselves unable to sustain themselves there any longer, especially when they start to find it difficult to perform even routine basic tasks. Then, many times they end up in a long term care facility which is the last place they want to be.
Hiring an in-home caregiver to come out to your loved ones home can make all the difference. Having an elder care companion is such a comfort to those who don’t want to leave their homes, but don’t want to stay alone, either.
When looking for an in-home caregiver, it’s nice to know exactly what duties they will be responsible for. Non medical home care services will provide you with a caregiver who is fully certified to be a vital part of your loved one’s daily routines.
These duties include:
- Following the care plan laid out by their supervising nurse.
- Helping with bathing, dressing and other grooming. Fingernail clipping, shampooing, brushing and styling hair, and assistance in the shower or tub are essential.
- Meal preparation. A good caregiver will prepare light meals during the day. This would be in conjunction with any dietary restrictions. Food shopping is also something a caregiver would do.
- Light housekeeping. From making the bed, to watering the plants, to kitchen cleanup and laundry, your caregiver will cheerfully and competently perform all these duties.
- Transferring their client. This requires specialized knowledge, that a certified in-home caregiver will know. From bed to wheelchair and everyplace in between, the caregiver can do all these things with ease.
- Medication reminders. Caregivers will assure that all medications are taken at the right dosage and time as indicated by the physician.
- This, most of all, is vital. Having someone in your loved one’s home who can provide the company your elderly parent craves is essential to their good health, both physically and mentally.
By hiring a qualified homecare agency such as Cypress HomeCare Solutions, specialists in dementia care in Paradise Valley, you can ensure your aging loved one is well taken care of . You only want the best for your loved ones; it’s not as hard as you think to give them the best in elder companion care.