Cypress HomeCare is a National Memory Screening Site.
Alzheimer’s Foundation of America’s (AFA) National Memory Screening Program provides free, confidential memory screenings to those interested in early detection and intervention of memory issues. Cypress HomeCare Solutions is the only Phoenix-based agency to participate in this program by offering free screenings on-site or in the community.
Why Are Memory Screenings Important?
They are a significant first step toward finding out if a person may have a memory problem. Early detection of mild cognitive impairment (MCI)—mild memory loss that may eventually lead to dementia —provides an opportunity for healthcare professionals to treat this condition, and possibly slow down the changes in memory and other thinking skills.
- A screening can check a person’s memory and other cognitive skills to indicate if someone might benefit from a more complete medical visit.
- Some memory problems can be readily treated, such as those caused by vitamin deficiencies or thyroid problems. Other memory problems might result from causes that are not currently reversible, such as Alzheimer’s disease. In general, the earlier the diagnosis, the easier it is to treat one of these conditions.
- Early diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease can improve quality of life. Individuals with Alzheimer’s disease can learn more about the disease, including available and emerging medical treatments; get counseling and other social services support in their community; address legal, financial and other planning issues; and have more of a say in decision-making. Caregivers and other family members can take advantage of community services, such as support groups, which can help them feel better—physically and emotionally. They can discuss treatment, future care and other issues with their loved ones, rather than having to make decisions on their own.
Don’t take our word for it.
Check out our Google Reviews.
Who Should Be Screened? Anyone:
- concerned about memory loss;
- seeing any early signs of dementia;
- whose family and friends have noticed changes in them;
- who believes they are at risk due to a family history of Alzheimer’s disease or a related illness;
- anyone who isn’t concerned now, but wants to see how their memory is now compared with future screenings
If you answer “yes” to any of the below questions, you could benefit from a memory screening.
Call Cypress HomeCare Solutions at (602) 264-8009 today to schedule your free screening.
- Am I becoming more forgetful?
- Do I have trouble concentrating?
- Do I have difficulty performing familiar tasks?
- Do I have trouble recalling words or names in conversation?
- Do I sometimes forget where I am or where I am going?
- Have family or friends told me that I am repeating questions or saying the same thing over and over again?
- Am I misplacing things more often?
- Have I become lost when walking or driving?
- Have my family or friends noticed changes in my mood, behavior, personality, or desire to do things?