Most people experience some sort of memory loss as they age. Have you ever forgotten where you’ve set down your keys, parked your car at the mall or why you even walked into the kitchen? These are normal signs of aging, and generally present no real cause for concern.
However, when memory loss starts impacting your daily life, you should be aware of a few signs that may help in early detection of Alzheimer’s disease. The Alzheimer’s Association provides the following list of things to look out for:
- Memory changes that disrupt daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgment
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality
If your loved one or someone you know is experiencing these symptoms, please encourage them to visit a doctor for an official diagnosis. Although there is no cure for Alzheimer’s, there are plenty of resources to help you navigate the disease.
Cypress HomeCare Solutions is here for you, to provide compassionate care for your family and to find the right solution that fits your needs. Give us a call at 602-264-8009 and we can find the answers to your questions.